Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the wait time on an 03.v.x.x, 05.v.x.x or 07.v.x.x exhaust?
A. Wait time depends on where I am in batch fabrication. Each batch takes approx. 6-8 weeks for fabrication and coating. I have added an estimated shipping to the Batch Details
page. Please take a look and it should give you a fair idea of when an exhaust would ship.
I am aware there could be come extened wait times on exhaust orders. I guess that goes with being a one man show working nights and weekends. But I am always looking for ways to speed things along. If you have any questions, please email me.
Q. Cool stuff you have there, but how do I buy it?
A. Please browse the site based on the year/model options on the left side. Add to Cart buttons are located by each product.
Q. What's the difference between the 07.FE.v.4.0 and the 07.FE.v.4.1 tail lights?
A. Simply put, looks. 4.0 vs. 4.1 Pic
The 4.0 uses more, but smaller, LEDs. The 4.1 uses larger, but fewer, LED's. They are both pretty much the same as far as brightness goes. The 4.1 also mounts a little more under the tail section. Check out the Installed Pics
Q. How loud is your exhaust?
A. LOUD. I try to get dB levels for each exhaust design. Please check the individual design pages for those levels.
Q. Can you build a more quiet exhaust?
A. Probably. But I like them loud. So that's what I build.
Q. How do I fit the 03.v.x.x to an '05/'06 Ninja ZX6R? What do I need to do?
A. There are several steps to making this work. I haven't done this personally, so these are the steps I'm being told need to be done.
1. Find a set of stock OEM '03/'04 ZX6R/RR headers. The design is very different from the '05/'06 headers. But don't worry they bolt rigth up.
2. The #1 cylinder pipe will need to be massaged to clear the oil cooler. A few gentle whacks with a hammer should be enough. Go easy, I would rather have to hit a few more times than too much right at first. So take your time when you are doing this.
3. The radiator support will need to be modified a bit. Again, since I haven't done this swap, I'm not sure just what needs to be done here.
4. Once you get the header on and the Screamer bolted up. You will need to trim your lower fairing to clear the new exhaust.
5. I have a map for the PC3. But I can't personally vouch for it. I got it from someone else. They said it works well and I have passed it on to others that have said the same.
Q. What does shipping cost?
A. Shipping is calculated during checkout. I normally ship using USPS or UPS. FedEx can be used as a special request, but might cost more.
Q. Will an open exhaust burn valves?
A. This is very tricky to answer. It's both Yes and No. It's not the design of the exhaust. It's the tune of the engine.
Here's an informative page I found that talks about back pressure and free flowing exhaust
The Kawasaki does not run an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. So the PCM (ECU) can not adjust fuel tuning based on how the engine is running (rich or lean). It runs a fixed fuel curve. A Power Commander (or similar) is required to adjust the fuel curve to account for the increase air in the engine. So with an ajdusted fuel curve, burning valves shouldn't be a problem. There is a lot of good information out there on this subject. Just Google
I will add more as needed.